Tuesday 10 May 2016

Week 8 - Uh Oh

Week 8 -
Uh Oh

I genuinely didn't think I would be where I am at the point in the project at this point in time. 

Here is what I have achieved thus far:
- a semifinished short experiment film
- half a film of screen slides

Here is what I have yet to achieve:
- a full film of photos from the shoot that is happening tomorrow
- the idea for how I am going to arrange these photos etc on the slide projector

Yesterday I was feeling very anxious and upset about my progress. Having slept on it, I decided to just keep cracking on and do my best. Today I read through one of my classmate's sketchbooks for a review which actually helped me focus to just draw myself out of my own project for a while. Then I went back into my film and did a bit of fiddling. I found some audio that I had recorded a while ago of background noise in the museum and I put that in and changed the duration that I displayed each photo and...I actually quite liked the result! I want to record a bit more audio for it and then I think it will be done. 

My next steps are:
- concentrate on making the shoot tomorrow successful
- get film developed asap
- record audio for short experimental film and finish it
- keep my sketchbook updated with my thoughts. 

Although I haven't gotten as far as I thought, I don't have as far to go as I thought so I just  need to keep ploughing on and remember that progress is not linear!

No comments:

Post a Comment