Monday 23 May 2016

Overcoming More Problems...

Overcoming More Problems...

I sent my slide film off to be printed straight away after I finished the shoot on Wednesday the 11th May. They quoted to me that it could be ready in a week's time on the 18th. When I rang to collect them they said they weren't ready. I rang everyday until they told me on the Friday that the film was developed and scanned, but they hadn't mounted them into slides. Obviously, my whole installation is based around the physical slides. The slides still haven't come back to me. 

I won't get the slides back till tomorrow. I find this very frustrating because there isn't much I can do until I get them back. Hopefully, they will turn out okay - on the phone they reassured me that the exposure looked fine. It is a shame because now I don't have time to retake any photos if I didn't like them. It also means I have to continue doings bits and boobs here and there to make up the time. I thought I would just have a week doing sketchbook work etc but I have had two now. 

However, there are things I could be getting on with to keep myself useful.
  • Keeping my blog and sketchbook up to date
  • Helping to prep the rooms for exhibition
  • Preparing a frame for my screen
  • Going to see any final exhibitions or looking at any final research to help me display my work

No comments:

Post a Comment