Tuesday 24 May 2016

Progression

Progression

I started off this course having achieved a place at university already. I will be going to University College London in September to study English. 

Doing Art A Level left me thirsty to make more art because my creativity was constricted by stress and limits of the mark scheme. I knew I also wanted a year away from conventional education (exams etc) so I thought doing the course would be really good for me. I thought having the teaching and resources available to me was an amazing opportunity. 

I have enjoyed this course hugely. I have found it hard being so self-directed but I think it has set me up in good stead for the way of working at university. My way of thinking has matured and the way I view art too. I feel I am able to express myself much more fluently through my art. 

I feel sad that I will be leaving my study of art at this point. However this year has given me the skills I need to carry it on in my own time. I have no doubt after this year that I was enter the creative industry somehow, either via my literary skills or my artistic ones. I would encourage anyone to do an Art Foundation - I have gained so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment