Wednesday 27 April 2016

What am I actually going to do?

What am I actually going to do?

I have the idea for the method. I have the idea for the display. I have the idea for the style. But what actually should I do as my content?

I want to use a slideviewer to show a series of images that are somehow connected or explore a common theme. 

Since the concept of my brief is 'visual poetry' I thought I could use some of my own poetry to base the images from. However, the  style of poetry that I like is heavily fragmented and doesn't tell a narrative as such. There is of course the element of embarrassment which I didn't think I would be bothered by, but actually I really am. 

I know certain places where I want to take pictures and I have a certain model in my head. Other than that I don't have any ideas for content. I am worried because I really thought I would by now. I have booked my model for a shoot in five days and I will have to give her direction, but I have no idea. 

Because I am doing a series of still images, I thought I would record some audio to go alongside it. Like I said before, I thought I would use my on poetry, but I don;t think that will work somehow because I don't want what I am saying to detract from the image. My theme is 'visual poetry' so my focus should be on the visual. I think it would work if I used 'found sound' and found audio online. I have favourite interviews that I like to watch and I could always use clips from that. 

I could also use slides from other people and mix them in with my work. 

I think the problem is, I chose a brief that decoded a concept to explore, but didn't guide my content, so I have been working very broadly over a range of subject topics. I think I need to decide on one theme to explore and work from there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment