Wednesday 16 December 2015

Pipilotti Rist

Pipilotti Rist

As part of my photomedia project I have been researching different methods of presenting digital and moving images in order to best convey an idea.

I have been particularly taken by the Swedish artist Pipilotti Rist. She creates experimental videos and finds creative ways to project them. One example I like is 'Himilaya Goldstein's living room'. As an installation artwork she set up an entire living room with different images projected onto different parts, For example, she put images of flowing water onto a dining table set up with silver cups and cutlery. These reflect the images and, to me, are suggestive of lost treasures at sea.



Her work is very cinematic to me, combining amazing light effects with surreal music and moving images.  Her work focuses on the fantastic and surreal. It is intriguing to me and unlike any other work I have seen.

I am excited to pursue this direction in my project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment