Wednesday 9 December 2015

Fine Art Week One Thoughts

Fine Art

The past week we have been looking at lot at 'instinctive' art work. I came into fine art thinking there would be a task set out for us. Instead, our teacher just set put loads of tubs of poster paint, some boards and some paper and said 'just get going whatever you feel like'. I have never had this kind of creative freedom to do as I please, without a structure or an end result in mind. Due to the nature of assessing work in an A Level or GCSE setting, I have always had to have an idea  or a plan before starting.




I created some brightly coloured backgrounds and layered black paint in lines and shapes over it. I then went over this in white paint and oil pastels. Because of the freedom of the exercise, we all produced a variety of unique and expressive pieces. It was really interesting to see everyone's work imbued in their personality. 

I am looking forward to taking an instinctive approach towards my work the next few weeks - enjoying not having a plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment