Tuesday 29 March 2016

Final Major Week One Review

Final Major Project:
Week One Review

I started off the week really well. I wrote up the primary research from my visit to the Wellcome Collection's exhibition on consciousness and I watched 'Das Cabinet Des Dr Caligari' by Robert Weine and wrote this up. I really enjoyed the exhibition and despite it not being directly related to poetry or film, there were artists there that I could look at and be inspired by. I find that poetry is very much a journey into consciousness and by reading poetry you are unconsciously affected by it. Certainly, surrealist film is an exploration of consciousness. 

After a bout of illness I was rendered unable and undesiring to work. I feel really at a loss what to do next. I just find it so daunting to think that I have to write and shoot a film for a final project and I have never done that before. I don't even know what I want to do the film about. Part of me wishes I had done a content based proposal so that I could use that as a starting point.

I have had some thoughts about my project however. I know I need to define what I think visual poetry is before I can continue with coming up with ideas for my film. 

I have a couple of options about what I can do to generate ideas:
- I can look at poetry I like and that I want to recreate in film.
- I can look at some more films and find certain artists.

However I still need to finish going through my bibliography. 

One if my worries is that what makes a film 'poetic' is the gorgeous cinematography and I don't have the budget or the skills to recreate that kind of atmosphere. 

I think the problem is I feel unsure what I am supposed to do and I have little confidence in my abilities. 

Still, if I don't have faith in my decisions, no one else will. I just have to get on with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment